Press Badge


I faked my first press badge when I was 14 to get into some concert. It wasn't 100-percent groundless; I was writing for a school stengazeta (a large hand-written poster with news and opinions) so that gave me some authority (I thought) to claim admittance to events. I then worked for FlashNews, an email newsletter in college, and did my own press badges to get into pubs without paying cover, with occasional success. When working in Sofia, I used a home-made badge saying I was a foreign reporter (and I was, kind of) to get into conferences. I then worked for Reuters and had a bona-fide press card, but the events it was good for weren't all that fun. Yesterday, I got my first press pass that was based on my highly successful blog to get into the Advertising in Games conference in New York. Moving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment